Our policy lasts 14 days. If 14 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
Due to the energetic nature of the product, we do not accept returns other than in cases of an item arriving damaged/faulty.
We cannot accept returns on the basis of a change of mind, but ensure to advise you on purchasing the most suitable product for you at the point of purchase.
All of our product descriptions include dimensions and scale information to indicate an accurate representation of the products.
As crystals are a natural and organic product, some wear and tear might become apparent after long-term use, especially if exposed to light, moisture or physical damage. This does not mean an item is faulty.
If your item does arrive faulty or damaged during shipping, you may be eligible for a refund.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
In this case, we are happy to refund you fully, and will cover the return postage of the damaged item for you.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned.
Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned.
We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods including jewellery (earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings).
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable products
- Some health and personal care items
- Therapies and classes
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Please contact us within 14 days of purchase to settle a return in case the item arrives damaged, attaching images of the damage in your email.
Please do not send your purchase back to AK Vibes without prior communication.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
- Books with obvious signs of use.
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
- Any item that is returned more than 14 days after delivery.
REFUNDS (IF APPLICABLE)
Once your return enquiry is received and inspected, we will send you an email or direct message to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed. You can choose to receive an AK Vibes Gift Card credit or cash refund to the original method of payment.
If you choose the AK Vibes E-Gift Card credit, you will be issued an email with confirmation within 1-3 days. Your credit will be valid to spend for 6 months of email upon any product in our online store. Find out how to use e-gift cards.
If you choose the cash refund, it will automatically be released to your credit card or original method of payment within 30 days.
LATE OR MISSING REFUNDS
Depending on the payment method and the bank you are with, refund payments may vary. If you haven’t received a refund in the expected timeframe of 7-10 business days, check your bank account in a few days in case it has taken longer to process.
Then, contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted to your account.
Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve fulfilled all these steps and still have not received your refund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale items abide by the same rules as regular, full-priced purchases, whereby returns are only available in cases of item arriving damaged.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com. Once your enquiry is approved, send your item to: 276 Barking Road, East Ham, London, E6 3BA.
If your item arrived damaged and it was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift card will be emailed to you, which is redeemable in our online store.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the person who gifted it to you had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the person who purchased it and notify them about your return.
After communicating with us via email, return your item to: 276 Barking Road, East Ham, London, E6 3BA.
We will ensure to cover the shipping costs for returning your item.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
If you are shipping an item, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We can’t guarantee your returned item will arrive safely otherwise. If you have questions regarding shipping, please email us directly to discuss your case.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Data: collectively all information that you submit to AK Vibes via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website can be obtained by contacting AK Vibes directly.
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
AK Vibes, we or us: AK Vibes, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number whose registered office is at 276 Barking Road, East Ham, London, E6 3BA;
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by AK Vibes and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to AK Vibes and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, www.akvibes.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, AK Vibes is the "data controller". This means that AK Vibes determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:a. name;
c. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
d. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
e. financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
f. IP address (automatically collected);
g. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
6. We collect Data in the following ways:a. data is given to us by you;
b. data is received from other sources; and
c. data is collected automatically.
DATA THAT IS GIVEN TO US BY YOU
7. AK Vibes will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
g. when you use our services;
DATA THAT IS RECEIVED FROM PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THIRD PARTIES SOURCES
8. We will receive Data about you from the following publicly available third party sources:
DATA THAT IS COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
9. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
OUR USE OF DATA
10. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
11. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
12. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.13. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
14. We may use your Data to show you AK Vibes adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you AK Vibes adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed "Cookies" below).
Who we share Data with
Keeping Data secure
16. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
c. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
17. We are certified to PCI DSS. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
18. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address:firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
21. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
22. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request
(i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or
(ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
23. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address:email@example.com.
24. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk.
25. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
28. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
29. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
31. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
32. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling AK Vibes to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
33. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
34. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
35. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
36. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
39. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
40. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us.
You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of 276 Barking Road, East Ham London GB E6 3BA.
CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us firstname.lastname@example.org.
We realise you’d like to ensure your crystal and wellness purchases support ethical and sustainable practices, which don’t cost the Earth.
The planet, its people, your environmental impact and the intentions of those who you rehome crystals from are as important to us as they are to you.
Just like a Clear Quartz, amplifying its spaces, we believe our transparency is what will amplify your trust in us and our service.
Here’s what we are devoting our attention to, regarding sustainabilityand ethical practices.
OUR CRYSTAL-SOURCING PRACTICES
Follow our journey on Instagramto see the behind the scenes of our crystal-sourcing trips straight from source or at trusted geologists and gemmologists. We love to dig out our gear and be set free for days, finding gorgeous specimens for you to admire and purchase at our London store.
When sourcing free-handily, we never mine crystals from sites which are overly-exploited or in areas of conservation.
Most of our crystals are hand-selected by us, whether on self-managed trips in our van or while visiting our trusted suppliers with whom we create a strong relationship.
It’s crucial to us and the geologists and gemmologists that we work with, that our practices and values align, so we do our best to communicate and ensure there is no child-labour involved in our supply chain. We also ensure to meet them in person, get to know the company and values, and never order crystals without those checks.
We are in the process of setting up our own facility in Turkey, which will allow us to source, monitor and provide you with high quality crystals from a place we inspect regularly.
All of our crystals are authentic, unless stated.
Where possible, we take every step to use as little plastic as possible. Your order is packaged in brown paper with paper filler to protect your items from damage in transit.
We use cardboard boxes and paper envelopes, some of which may be padded with bubble wrap. However, we are working on minimising our carbon footprint, and are in the process of finding more sustainable options.
We still use small plastic pouches for crystal chips and some of our most fragile specimens may be protected by bubble wrap, which we trust you could reuse where possible for another purpose.
On your next visit to our AK Vibes London store, don’t hesitate to bring back your brown paper packaging, which protected your previous purchase with us. We’d be more than happy to reuse it on your visit. Let’s do this, team!
SOURCING PALO SANTO
Due to concerns over the loss of habitats which comes with unsustainable sourcing of Palo Santo, we’ve chosen to supply our Palo Santo from Peru. By the country’s law, Palo Santo may strictly be collected from branches on the forest floor, which broke off naturally.
That means, you can purchase your Palo Santo with us, knowing it is not harming the natural environment.
OUR USE OF PALO SANTO AND WHITE SAGE
We sell Palo Santo and White Sage alongside other incense. We use them to cleanse our store to ensure your crystals’ energy remains as pristine as possible before shipping.
We realise many individuals might find burning White Sage and Palo Santo as culturally inappropriate. We would like to ensure you that we have the best intentions when using both practices, and are committed to spreading awareness of the practice’s beauty, while educating our community of the origins of both.
AK Vibes values your opinion and believes sustainable sourcing and intention is what’s most important if choosing to use Palo Santo and White Sage.
Currently, we focus on giving back to the planet by occasionally planting trees on sites where we’ve taken from mother Earth. We intend to transform this ritual to a much larger scale in the future.We encourage you to bring back packaging from your previous shopping trips to AK Vibes, in order for us to reuse them on your purchase.
It is our team, collectively, which makes up your entire experience of AK Vibes! Realising that, we take responsibility in ensuring our team members are recognised for their work through empowerment, team-building exercises, rewards and career prospects.
All of our staff is trained and trusted to act on intuition, share their ideas and be treated with respect, in a flat hierarchy, which allows them to bloom into their full potential.
What can you expect from us in the future? While we prefer to act before we speak, you can be assured we have much more in the works.
We aim to make crystals mainstream, empowering each individual in the process. Will you join us?