Have you heard? In the past couple of years, the usual “lose weight” and “watch less TV” turned into “be kinder to others”, “eat less meat”, and “spend more time with friends and family”.
Our priorities switched, and to be quite frank, we’re here for it. Uncertainty switched on our need for charity, bringing out the best of us – in a time where heavy energies seem to rule our world, human nature prevails…
To fulfill these fresh New Year’s resolutions, we’ve picked our brains and hearts for practical ways we can all contribute to this collective mission of kindness. We've collected 50 good deeds ideas for a heart-filling year ahead.
GOOD DEEDS FOR LOVERS OF THE OUTDOORS
1. Walk your neighbour's dog - free them up and enjoy time with a furry friend!
2. Clean up a local park or forest.
3. Plant a tree! Watch it grow over the years.
4. Hang some treats for local birds during winter.
5. Speak a language? Join an online community to help others practise their skills.
6. Be friendly to our planet! Shop used clothes, upcycle your trash, etc.
GOOD DEEDS IDEAS FOR INTROVERTS
7. Meditate on a crystal with someone in mind.
8. Offer to babysit for your friend so that they can spend a day on their own.
9. Donate food and pet accessories to your nearby animal shelter.
10. Leave a review for that small business you really love!
11. Express love in new ways: write a short poem, paint a picture, get creative.
DEED IDEAS FOR THE EXTROVERTED
12. Strike a conversation when seeing your neighbour instead of ignoring them.
13. Love a stranger's outfit? Compliment them right there and then.
14. Buy a crystal, coffee, or lunch for the person waiting in line behind you.
15. Spend your birthday doing good deeds for others.
16. Hold the door for someone more often.
17. Start a virtual book club with family, or people in your circle.
18. Start going live on Instagram and other platforms to share your thoughts, skills, etc.
19. Buy a hot meal for a homeless person every month.
20. Got a car? Help someone out! Are they struggling to do something you can help with?
DIY WAYS TO LIFT SOMEONE UP
21. Create a manifestation jar for someone who is going through a difficult life situation.
22. Donate books to your friends or to a library.
23. Make someone a jar with notes, stating what you admire and appreciate about them.
24. Are you artsy? Make something special for your parents or closest people.
25. Paint a rock or a crystal for someone!
MAKE THEM SMILE WITH MEANINGFUL GIFTS
26. Send a matching crystal bracelet to your bestie.
27. Buy a toy for your friend’s pet.
28. Leave a snack at your colleague’s desk when they’re away from it.
29. Include a crystal with every occasion card you send this year.
30. Send someone a message of gratitude and admiration, just ensure it is authentic and not forced!
31. Treat someone to a houseplant amplified with crystal chips.
32. Prepare a new dish, surprise your partner with a fresh idea.
GENTLE WAYS TO SUPPORT YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
33. Organise a surprise visit to your grandparents.
34. Repeat affirmations to children whenever you can.
35. Are you an expert in something? Suggest helping someone in their project!
36. Write a really meaningful birthday message, or send them an intentionally written card instead as a surprise.
37. Leave a note in your partner’s lunch box.
38. Check over someone’s CV and provide constructive, kind feedback.
39. Help your friend rebuild their self-esteem after a break up by prioritising them.
40. Celebrate people’s “smallest” achievement, don’t just brush it off!
41. Deepen your friendships, invite someone you have a shallow relationship with home for dinner.
BETTER HABITS FOR A BETTER YOU
42. Try to become a better texter and don’t leave friends waiting for weeks.
43. Thank people when it is due. Be grateful.
44. Ask people how they are, not only when you need something from them.
45. Read up about your human design, and start playing to your strengths!
46. Change the topic when someone is gossiping.
47. Don’t give advice where it is not needed.
48. Have you unintentionally hurt someone? Take responsibility and apologise... Your ego will thank you for it!
49. Play your partner's favourite music instead of always playing your faves.
50. Do a good deed for yourself, start telling the truth about how you feel when someone asks.
“Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit..."
The AK Vibes Team
P.S. Here’s a question for you: in what ways can we support you this year?